Tuesday 3 April 2012

Evaluation Question 1 - In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of a real media product?' (Double Page)




























My double page spread contains a convention of a real media product by containing the information of a name of a writer of the article (bottom right) and the person that was the photographer for the images used for the double page article. This is to let the reader know a more detailed insight to the people behind the magazine, if they are interested and want to do more research into the magazines' background.

The images I have used carry on the same look as the other images in the magazine. For example the tones when I edited them in photoshop. I have a browny/redy tone and tinge to the finished photograph. These pictures on the double page are yet again taken with my nikon D40 and 50mm lens. So I could created depth of field and decide where the main crisp focus would be placed. I also made sure the school hall was  a main focal point in the image as the band members are still within school ages and school is mentioned in the interview.

 Another convention I met is that it contains a main, bold masthead that states the name of the band getting interviewed. It also contains sub-headings that gives the reader more instand information about the band in the article.

Conventions of colour schemes is met throughout my magazine product. As the same colours are still used in my double page article. In addition to this the same background texture was used in this double page spread as my contents page. i did this because my style model had a nice, yet subtle texture in the background. I personally think it is better than having a blank background.

I decided to have my main image to go over the half way point of the double page spread due to my style model having this feature and I thought it looked different to other music magazines.

Within the interview 'IRM' is used in bold capitals, this is the logo. Although it isn't straight forward to notice straight away it is within the text of the interview. to carry on the knowledge it is 'IRM' magazine that the person is reading, exclusive to that magazine brand. I also decided to have it within the text because my style model, 'NME' has this feature. There it is a convention that my media product has.

No comments:

Post a Comment